175 years of experience. 300 million companies. 4 U.S. presidents. Fortune Top 500
What do these figures say about us? That we add something. What do you want to add? If you live for [e.g. compliance – risk – master data – coding, etc.], we’re already moving in the right direction. Do you know what we’re talking about when we say big data and artificial intelligence? Then the match is almost complete. And you’re in good company: Abraham Lincoln, among others, has already preceded you.
As you can see, we at Altares Dun & Bradstreet are good at figures. We work for 90% of the Fortune Top 500 companies and help them make strategic decisions based on our data. How do we do that? We manage the world’s largest commercial database, which contains the data of more than 300 million companies. And we’ve been doing that for more than 175 years.
In order to strengthen and professionalize the Accounting department we are currently searching for a Benelux Senior Accounting Leader. In this role you will have 5 distinctive focus areas: General ledger accounting; Taxes, Revenue recognition, Accounts payable and Treasury.
In this role you will be reporting to Benelux Head of Finance and form together with Financial Controllers the accounting team for the Benelux.
Task and responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Accounting areas of Accounts Payable, treasury matters (incl. cash and liquidity forecast), statutory taxes, general ledger accounting and revenue recognition
- Ensures that all payroll, corporate tax and VAT are reported and paid to relevant authorities within the timetables described (Tax compliance is met in all countries)
- Owning the accounting bookkeeping and pro-actively recommend design changes to optimize and strengthen the organization
- Motivate team members and ensure that all team members are appropriately coached and trained to leverage talent throughout the organization
- Capacity to steer execution of all operational action plans with corresponding stakeholders (including Group initiatives)
- Management of the external audit cycle and filling of statutory accounts together with financial controllers
- To successfully organize a monthly fast close reporting process and implement successfully reporting tools (Opera) in close cooperation with financial controllers
- Active role in (Group) initiatives, process and tools implementation
- At least a Bachelors degree in Accounting & Finance
- Approximately 4-5 years working experience in similar role, preferably in an international environment. Experiences within ‘the big 4’ is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to achieve defined targets under pressure
- Can operate in a dynamic environment and keep oversight in complex situations
- Flexible with a hands-on approach
- Strong analytical and financial skills, pro-active
- Excellent planning and organization skills, together with proactive, analytical approach
- Strong management skills. Ability to create a team environment where integrity, trust, quality and efficiency are highly valued
- Experience with SAGE X3 is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
At Altares Dun & Bradstreet, we see data as a fuel for growth. We provide real-time data from the world’s largest commercial database, which includes information on more than 300 million companies. This verified business information is updated more than 5 million times a day worldwide to provide the most current, complete and reliable data. This combination of data, intelligence and technology helps professionals from different disciplines make informed decisions. From marketing opportunities to credit management, we have a solution for everything. Innovation, curiosity, entrepreneurship and consistency are central to us. As a result, we have been at the top of the league for 175 years!
Do you think you are the perfect candidate for this position? And would you like to work at Altares? Fill in our form and we will contact you as soon as possible.